Emergency Action Plans
- Early detection of risk situations and the measures that need be taken to mitigate them
- Eliminate or reduce the possible effects on human life, services and the environment if there is a partial or total failure.
The process is made up of the following three stages:
- Creation of an Emergency Plan
- Drafting of an Implementation Project
- Implementation of the system (works, facilities, software).
OFITECO provides great experience in drafting different Emergency Plans. This knowledge is combined with its references in drafting implementation projects for Emergency Plans, as well as implementing the work itself. Despite this being for tasks with a different typology, we have been able to combine the knowledge obtained during these jobs so as to offer high quality services and draft Emergency Plans that are not only technically and administratively correct, but also practical and easily implemented.
CREATON OF DAM EMERGENCY PLANS
Dam Emergency Plans generally include a safety analysis (setting up the first steps for an emergency), territorial zoning and estimation of damages, rules of how to act and for general organisation (means and resources).
OFITECO uses advanced computer tools to set up the first auscultation steps (AUSMODEL, developed by OFITECO), simulation of a break in dams (DAMBREAK), propagation of the breaking wave (MIKE 11 y MIKE 21), SIG, etc.
Plan for progressive flooding and its potential effects
- Drafting of dam Emergency plans for: Navalmedio, La Jarosa, Collado de La Jarosa, Navacerrada, Valmayor y Las Nieves (Canal de Isabel II), Chanza, Piedras, Los Machos, El Corumbel y Jarrama (C. H. del Guadiana), Yeguas, Sierra Boyera, Puente Nuevo y Breña (C. H. del Guadalquivir), Arquillo de San Blas, Benagéber y Loriguilla (C. H. del Júcar), Camporredondo, Compuerto, Cervera, Requejada and Aguilar de Campoo (C. H. del Duero), Añarbe (Aguas del Añarbe, S.A.).
PROJECT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF DAM EMERGENCY PLANS
The objective of the Implementation is to to set up means and resources for the proper management of the DEP and its incidences, for quick and effective communication with the bodies involved, and if necessary, to activate an acoustic alert system for the population that is affected, in case the dam breaks.
- OFITECO always carries out a first analysis of the possible options, always choosing in each specific case the best one.
- OFITECO has software licences to carry out radio coverage studies (communication between siren posts and the Emergency Room) and acoustic coverage (checking the sound level required for populated areas).
The Implementation of a DEP is made up from the following actions:
Redefining the civil work and facilities, and provision of equipment.
- Building an Emergency Room.
- Installation of sirens (Warning System for the Population, WSP).
- Installations for power supply and telecommunications.
- Implementation of the Communication Management System.
- Implementation of the Incidence Management System.
- Setting up informative systems
- Drafting of the Project and Execution of the Implementation work for the dam Emergency Plans for: Alloz y Eugui (C. H. del Ebro), La Minilla and El Gergal (EMASESA).
- Drafting of the DEP Implementation Project for the dams of: Andévalo y Chanza (Ag. Andaluza del Agua).
- Implementation of the DEP in the dam: Arroyo Regajo (Aguas de la Cuenca del Ebro, S.A).