The aim of water resources’ planning and management is to best satisfy water demands (urban, agricultural, industrial and energy), increasing the resources’ availability, protecting its quality, economising in its use and streamlining it in harmony with the environment.
We also examine protecting it against hydrological extremes, such as floods or droughts.
OFITECO has a multidisciplinary team that offers integral solutions to exploit complex systems of reservoirs and hydraulic infrastructures. We cover all areas, from preparing the studies and procedures right up to their implementation and maintenance, thus guaranteeing an efficient use of our water resources and giving security to the population and infrastructures.
OFITECO offers the following services:
- Determining floods and hydrographs
- Flood abatement in reservoirs
- Analysis of riverbed levels and determining flood areas
- Identification and characterisation of flood areas and associated damage
- Preparation of the regulations and procedures for the exploitation of dams under different scenarios: normal, on alert, alarm and emergency
- Incorporation of Emergency Plans
- Design, implementation and maintenance of hydrological and early warning computer systems
- Preventative and corrective maintenance of dams
Explanatory diagram of the parametric abatement study in reservoirs
Computer tools used:
- Use of parametric models for flood abatement in reservoirs based on the Volumetric Assessment Method, refined and improved by OFITECO.
- Use of own and trade models for aggregated and distributed rainfall-run-off: HEC-HMS, NAM, PcRaster/Lisflood-RR
- Use of advanced tools for hydraulic modelling: HEC-RAS; MIKE-11 y MIKE-21 (linked to MIKEFLOOD and MIKE URBAN ); InfoWorks RS (1D y 2D) ; IBER (CEDEX).
Hydrological information network
- Drafting of Emergency Plans, General Analysis for Safety and Exploitation Regulations at the dams of Cuerda del Pozo, Campillo de Buitrago, Aguilar de Campoo, Cervera, Requejada, Camporredondo and Compuerto, including in these Regulations for Maintenance and Conservation of their different elements and facilities (Duero Hydrographic Confederation)
- Drafting of the XYZT Document, Emergency Plans and Exploitation Regulations for the dams at Piedras, Los Machos, Corumbel and Chanza (Guadiana Hydrographic Confederation)
- Drafting of the Emergency Plan, Exploitation Regulations, Commissioning and XYZT Programme, for the Belcaire Reservoir (MIMAM, Acuamed)
- Services for the exploitation, maintenance and conservation of dams in Cancho del Fresno, Ruecas, Sierra Brava, Gargáligas, Cubilar and Azud del Ruecas (Guadiana Hydrographic Confederation).
- Services to develop a national cartography system in flood areas in the Júcar hydrographic demarcation (MARM, Júcar Hydrographic Confederation)
- Services for the exploitation and maintenance of the automatic hydrological computer system for the Júcar Hydrographic Confederation. (1998-2012)