There is a need for the hydraulic heritage to preserve its conditions of use and safety to allow it to be used throughout its useful life by having the least incidences possible and fulfilling current legislation on Safety and Maintenance.
These requirements on functionality and legality make a series of jobs to be undertaken at a field and office level a priority, not only in civil works, but also in mechanical and auxiliary elements in the dam-reservoir group, which allow us to guarantee these demands for use and safety.
OFITECO is a leading company in the analysis and study of conservation and safety in large dams, a fundamental pillar in maintenance and conservation For more that 30 years it has also been installing auscultation instrumentation and centralising, automating and transmitting signals from the sensors as well as reservoir data to the Management Centres in the different Basins, having highly qualified staff with great experience in the the handling, installation and conservation of the auscultation sensors and in civil works and infrastructures of a dam.
Due to this, OFITECO is able to completely undertake maintenance and conservation tasks for a dam throughout its useful life, including the following main tasks:
- Maintenance of the civil work, electromechanical elements, electrical installations and communications
- Conservation operations
- Inspection, monitoring and auscultation
- Operating in normal conditions and special situations
- First Implementation corrective maintenance
- General maintenance and conservation:
- Control of the state of the mechanisms and facilities, lighting, fire extinguishers, irrigation, painting of metal parts, etc.
- Cleaning and maintenance of buildings and urbanised areas next to the dam, including repairs to installations, enclosures and decks
- Periodic cleaning of the galleries, tunnels and chambers in the body of the dam
- Maintenance of the complete hydraulic section at the exit of the drainage parts from the dams
- Specific maintenance and conservation:
- Implementation of a preventative maintenance programme
- Creation and weekly computerised updating of installation and equipment stock
- Periodic review of the electrical installation (CT, lines, generators, switchboards, grounding, etc.):
- Periodic review of electromechanical equipment
- Periodic start up of the spillway gates and dam’s inlets and outlets.
- Schedule for maintenance and preventative conservation, setting up a calendar for the actions and defining the operations to be carried out
- Schedule and corrective maintenance regulations, resolving the incidences that may occur during the operation of the systems:
- Programming of necessary repairs
- Predictive maintenance. This allows future failures to be estimated and deviations detected under the normal operating mode
- Implementation of computer systems for Maintenance and Conservation Management:
- Definition of assets
- Management of spare parts
- Programmed maintenance
- Management of work orders
- Queries and reports
OFITECO also offers an added value to its dam Maintenance and Conservation services, with its vast experience in the analysis and study of safety and behaviour in dams:
- Advice in complying with the current Regulations and Legislation
- Review, drafting and implementing Exploitation Regulations and Emergency Plans
- Maintenance and updating of the technical files of the dams
- Drafting analysis reports on the behaviour and safety of dams
- Drafting technical notes on dam behaviour when faced with special events (earthquakes or floods) or anomalous behaviours
- Services for the commissioning, exploitation, maintenance and conservation of the dams of ACUASUR (Arenoso, La Breña II, Montoro, Colada, Zapateros). File: AS-039/11/EXMA-CO, Term: 2 years (2012-2014).
- Services for the exploitation, maintenance and conservation of dams in Cancho del Fresno, Ruecas, Sierra Brava, Gargáligas, Cubilar and Azud del Ruecas Key:
04.960.0023/0211. Provisional adjudication. 3 years (2011-2014), extendable to 3 years. C.H. del Guadiana.
- Services for exploitation, maintenance and conservation tasks in Arlanzón y Úzquiza, Cuerda del Pozo and Campillo de Buitrago dams (Burgos y Soria). Key: 02.963-049/0411. Term: 2 years (2009-2011), extendable for another 2 years. C.H. del Duero.
- Works to carry out exploitation, maintenance and conservation tasks at Camporredondo and Compuerto dams (Palencia) Key: 02.963-048/0411. Consultancy and Technical Office. Term: 2 years (2009-2011), extendable for another 2 years. C.H. del Duero.
- Services for exploitation, maintenance and conservation of the dams and reservoirs in Alarcón, Amadorio, Bellús, Beniarrés, Contreras, Escalona, Forata, Guadalest and Tous in the provinces of Alicante, Cuenca and Valencia. (UTE: Matinsa-Ofiteco). (2006-2010). C.H. del Júcar.
- Services for the exploitation, maintenance and conservation of dams in Cancho del Fresno, Ruecas, Sierra Brava, Gargáligas, Cubilar and Azud del Ruecas (Cáceres and Badajoz). Key: 04.960.020/0411. (2006-2010). C.H. del Guadiana.
- Preventive and small corrective Maintenance Services for the dams at Zufre, Aracena (Huelva), El Pintado, Huesna, Peñaflor, La Puebla de Cazalla, Torre del Águila (Sevilla), y Bembézar, José Torán, Vadomojón, Yeguas, Puente Nuevo, Guadalmellato and San Rafael de Navallana (Córdoba), contract signed in August 2002 by UTE Ofiteco-Martín Casillas. (2002-2004). C.H. del Guadalquivir.
- Maintenance Services at the Dams of Zufre, Aracena (Huelva), El Pintado, Huesna, Peñaflor, Puebla y Torre del Águila (Sevilla), adjudicated by C.H.G to UTE Ofiteco and Matinsa. (2000-2001). C.H. del Guadalquivir.
- Technical Assistance for the execution of conservation and maintenance services in the dams of Aracena, El Pintado, Huesna, Peñaflor, Puebla and Torre del Águila (Sevilla). Adjudicated by D.G.O.H to UTE: Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A. Ofiteco y Matinsa. (1995-1999). C.H. del Guadalquivir.
Example of a definition of an elementary operation
Incidence report completed with a Tablet and recorded in a Sharepoint server