OFITECO develops safety management programmes by analysing risks in dam-reservoir systems so as to cover the main needs of the dam’s owners, amongst which we find:
- Assessing the net cost of dam safety.
- Homogeneously and objectively checking the safety levels between the different infrastructures.
- Prioritising the actions and investments in dam safety matters.
- Responding to the new demands made by society for greater levels of safety.
- Setting out existing regulations in a practical way
The available information is used to estimate the risk any event with a potential to cause damage can have on people, properties or the environment. A sensitivity analysis and also an uncertainty analysis is carried out. What is the risk and how great is it?
The importance of the estimated risk is examined and judged based on current guidelines and the dam owner’s own criteria of risk tolerance. What is a tolerable risk?
OFITECO has a comprehensive multidisciplinary technical team with vast experience and great competence who have worked in the dam safety sector, developing study methodologies, new applications and models based on risk analysis, to assess corrective actions (structural or not) that will act as a support to the integral safety management in the dam-reservoir systems, offering the Dam’s owner objective, unedited and very valuable information to be able to take decisions related to investments and the availability of financial resources, in terms of existing alternatives to reduce the risk.
- Services for the Development of a Complementary Safety Management Programme based on Dam Risk in the Duero Hydrographic Confederation, which include the Definition, Assessment and Prioritisation of Actions in Safety Matters (2009-2011).
- Risk Analysis of the Camporredondo, Compuerto, Requejada, Cervera and Aguilar de Campoo dams, based on USBR and ANCOLD proposals, within Consultancy and Assistance for drafting Emergency Plans (2006-2008).